Friday, July 24, 2015

Exploring Life Through Art

I haven't posted for a while.  My life seems to keep shifting and changing which is a good thing.
I am writing privately about my mother's death but I'm not ready to share openly my feelings or thoughts about it.

However, I do want to share some art that I created since last summer.  I continued to work with pencil crayons and created these two pieces.

Embryo

Cultivation

Over the months, I found working with soft pastel to be quite fun.  I allowed the colours to flow and I created this.

Dancing

I decided to try using darker colours.  I moved quickly with this piece and it formed into something I did not expect.

Couples Dance
After creating the two piece above, I try to consciously create flames.  I had no idea how it would work.  I added layers of orange, red, and yellow.  Once I stared into the flames, I saw a pair of kind eyes coming out of them.  That's why I drew eyes in the picture.  When I stared at the piece after it was done, I felt overwhelmed with emotions.  I could not look at it for the longest time.  It was too surreal.  I realized later that it was about passion with compassion, life force and love. 

Compassionate Eyes

Weeks went by and I focused on studying Life Skills Coaching. After a week of intense learning, I took time to do more art.  This was created.

Removing the Clutter

During the Fall of 2014, I attended a college program and had no time to do any personal writing or art work.  I focused on the studies where most of my writing was geared to assignments or presentations.  Of course I wrote in my journal but that's for me. 

On January 11th, 2015, my mother passed away.  At my mother's funeral, I sang a song I wrote back in 2014, "Watching Over You". (Again, this is all I want to share about mom's death at this time.)



Weeks after my mom's death, I pulled out the art supplies and went to work.  This piece took time to create.  At first, I thought I was creating a peacock yet something else emerged.

Eyes on You

At the end of the January, I was debating continuing my classes. I was not sure if it was the right direction for me.  I decided to stay on course.  I wrote in my journal during that time.  I wanted to make a tree that shown my roots and new directions.  I found that my art decided to morph into something else.  Whenever I create art, morphing art normally happens.

Untitled Piece

I have more art pieces that I created during that time but they are not completed or do I want to share them at this time.

In July, I started to do art work again, which I want to share.  I found that nature really calls out to me.  I had some amazing experiences with dragonflies and wanted to draw one.  This is what was created instead.

Rebalancing

Recently, I visited the Petroglyphs Provincial Park where I saw two feminine symbols that inspired me. This piece below is my most recent creation.


Taking Root

I'm sure there will be more to come, until time next.  Much love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment