Monday, February 27, 2012

Take the Shot!

I love going for walks in nature and afterwards I feel refreshed and full of life.  I love encountering many different things and most of the time I stop, stare and if I can, even touch them.  When I have time, I love to lie down in the grass and watched the clouds float by.  They turn into beautiful objects.  Once I noticed a giraffe that morphed into a fish and then transformed into a monkey.  Sometimes I see absolutely nothing and that's fine because I still enjoyed watching the clouds change the sky into different hues of blues mixed with white.

A few days ago during a walk I noticed a telephone/electric wooden pole that had these markings.  I stopped in my tracks and stared at the pole.  I swear I saw an angel and an owl.    I really wished I took my camera with me.  I don't have an up-to-date cell phone with a camera.  I actually carry around my old Olympus digital camera I received from work over 8 years ago.  Oh my... it's been that long, well, it still works.  I'm not complaining. Actually I'm the type of girl that keeps things until they break and I don't want to spend funds when I don't "need" to.

Well, today, I decided to bring my camera and if something came up I would take the shot.  "Take the shot" that's interesting.  I didn’t realize that it was risking anything by capturing things that inspires me.  Oh, here I go.  The experience of seeing these two images on a telephone/electric pole has given me insight to my own life.  How wonderful!

I was very fortunate to pass the pole again this week, especially carrying my camera. 

Something tells me that you’ve been holding back just as much as I have, so my advice is to “take the shot” and be on the lookout for your own inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment